Skip to content

Sometimes when tenants experience maintenance issues, there are things they need to do before calling our office to report the maintenance. Please follow the below instructions if you experience any of these issues before reporting to us. This will speed up the process for organising maintenance for these items, as trades such as electricians will not attend unless the necessary steps have been taken by the tenant first.

If you experience a serious water leak (ie burst pipe) please turn the water off at the main whilst repairs are being organised.

If your hot water system is not heating like it usually does and your usage has not changed (ie extra family/friends staying) you will need to:
First call Essential Energy on 13 20 80 and ask them to check to ensure they are receiving the signal from your hot water system
Check that the hot water system switch has not flicked off at your meter (if it has, turn it back on)
If there are no issues with Essential Energy or the switch, then please contact our office or, if out of office hours, contact the licensed electrician listed on your lease.

Before you can order a new bin, you will first need to:
Contact the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 and report the bin as missing and get an event number. You will need to tell them when you noticed it missing (day and time) and the last time you saw the bin (day and time)
Once you receive the event number, you can then contact Clarence Valley Waste Services on 1800 335 599 and order a new bin

Before contacting our office, you will first need to:
Unplug ALL appliances, flick main switch back on at meter box
Plug one appliance at a time back in to see if it is any of your appliances causing the trip
If one of your appliances are causing the trip then you know you will need to immediately stop using that appliance
If none of your own appliances are causing the trip, then please contact our office or, if out of office hours, contact the licensed electrician listed on your lease.
Please note if an electrician attends and finds that it is in fact one of your own appliances causing the trip, you will be responsible for paying the call out fee

If you are experiencing a total loss of power to your property, you will need to:
Call Essential Energy Interruptions Line on 13 20 80 to enquire if there are any planned or unplanned interruptions in your area. You can also check this by going to
If there are no interruptions, then please contact our office or, if out of office hours, contact the licensed electrician listed on your lease.

Ensure you keep up regular cleaning of your air conditioner filters. Sometimes a thorough clean of your air con unit will fix the issue. If a tradesperson attends to fix an air conditioner and it is found that a lack of cleaning (ie dust build up) has caused the issue then you may be responsible for paying the invoice.
If a thorough clean of the unit does not fix the issue, please contact our office.

If an urgent repair is required, tenants should contact our office as soon as possible. If our office is closed and you experience an urgent repair, please contact the tradespeople listed on your lease.

As outlined by NSW Fair Trading, examples of an urgent repair include:

·         a burst water service or a serious water service leak

·         a blocked or broken toilet

·         a serious roof leak

·         a gas leak

·         an electrical fault

·         flooding or serious flood damage

·         serious storm or fire damage

·         a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the property

·         a failure or breakdown of the hot water service

·         a failure or breakdown of the stove or oven

·         a failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner

·         a fault or damage which makes the property unsafe or insecure.

·         Smoke alarms must also be repaired urgently to ensure they are working